We would like to take this opportunity to update our clients on the steps we are putting in place to ensure the safety of our staff, clients and families during the COVID-19 situation we find ourselves in. This remains the utmost priority for us during this time.
Over the years, we have set up our business so that with a few minor tweaks, we are able to have our staff work remotely. Software like Xero, Quickbooks online and MYOB have made it possible for our team to have flexibility with how we work. We have implemented measures in the office to ensure the safety of everyone. These include:
- Giving our staff the option to work remotely or from the office
- Reducing the number of face-to-face meetings with clients by utilising email, phone and other technology such as Skype
- Ensuring we have hand sanitiser in the office for both staff and clients
- Ensure surfaces are regularly wiped down in the office
- Encouraging staff to stay home if they are unwell.
We encourage our clients to keep their designated appointment times, but request they opt for telephone appointments rather than actually visiting our office.
If you have an appointment booked, it is possible you will receive a call from the office looking for alternative options.
The directors are meeting on a daily basis to monitor advice from the government so we can manage the ever changing situation.
We are committed to assisting our clients through this tough period of economic uncertainty.
From the team at South East Accounting, we hope you all keep safe.
Article Written by Paul Wineberg
Paul is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, a Certified Management Accountant
Paul is a Director of South East Accounting.